Westford, MA Water Quality Report
Where Your Drinking Water Comes From
Your water source is from groundwater supplied by two major aquifers in the area, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook.
Water Treatment and Distribution
We make every effort to provide you with safe and pure drinking water. To improve the quality of the water delivered to you, we treat it to remove several contaminants.
• Disinfectant is added to protect you against microbial contaminants.
• The water is filtered to remove iron and manganese, small particles, and organisms such as algae, parasites, and bacteria.
• The water is chemically treated to reduce lead and copper concentrations at your tap.
• Fluoride is added to aid in dental health and hygiene (0.66 ppm annual average in distribution system).
• The water is aerated to reduce radon amounts, raise the pH, and remove volatile organic compounds.
• Ultraviolet light is used as an additional guard to protect you against pathogens.